Local Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate
About Cleveland Vicon
Founded in 1961 by Don and Carol Poe, Cleveland Vicon is one of the largest distributors of doors, frames and hardware in the state of Ohio. Today, the Poe children remain active in the business, ensuring the care and commitment that only a family operated company can provide. Servicing clients in the local community, such as Akron Children’s Hospital and Case Western Reserve University, our commitment to quality products has been part of our philosophy since the beginning.
The goal is to have the best-trained people thus providing clients with the highest-quality products available at a fair price. Each of the associates has been trained in basic product information and receives ongoing training to stay updated on the company. In fact, the sales staff represents one of the largest collections of industry-certified consultants in the business.
Cleveland Vicon is seeking a hard working person who can quickly learn and contribute to our existing warehouse and delivery team. The ideal candidate will help unload and load delivery trucks, assist with order fulfillment for customer pickup and delivery, and make deliveries to our customer’s facilities and businesses.
The ideal candidate must be hardworking, highly-motivated and able to work under little supervision. You must be able to communicate clearly and follow directions efficiently, as well as provide feedback in a timely manner. We are a highly-customer focused organization; as a result, overtime may be required to meet business needs.
- Some distribution experience (LTL) plus power equipment experience, preferred
- Ability to change tasks easily in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Good English reading and speaking skills
- Good basic math skills
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs is preferred
- Forklift experience is a plus
- 1 to 3 years of delivery experience in a service-oriented position, preferably operating 16' to 24' straight trucks
- Valid, active Driver’s License (CDL is not required)
- Clean Motor Vehicle record
- Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 100 lbs is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean, professional appearance
- Must be familiar with local and surrounding areas
- Ability to read a map and follow directions
- We support a Drug-Free environment. Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug testing
Warehouse Associate Duties:
- Following all safety procedures
- Operating Material Handling Equipment such as Forklifts
- Outbound functions include selecting checking, packing and shipping orders
- Inbound functions include receiving, placement and put away of product
- Inventory Control includes cycle counts, inventory moves and accountability for all warehouse inventory accuracy
- Housekeeping is the responsibility of all associates
- Assisting with general operations and maintenance Local Delivery Truck Driver Duties
- Performing pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections to insure the vehicle is ready for the road
- Climbing in and out of the delivery cab, throughout the day, between customer deliveries.
- Operating foot and hand controls for commercial vehicles
- Operating commercial vehicle in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Performing overtime, as required, accomplishing deliveries and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Obtaining delivery confirmation via manual or electronic methods
- Performing warehouse duties and tasks assigned
Hourly rate is negotiable based on previous experience and education.
- 2/3 paid health insurance for you and your family, including dental insurance and prescription coverage
- 401(k) plan with company contribution, after a successful completion of the eligibility period
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal/sick days
- Annual bonus based on company profitability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness room
- Paid training and development? 15 minutes from downtown Cleveland with free parking
Submit resume to email@example.com