John G. Johnson Construction Co. Seeks Construction Superintendent
John G. Johnson Construction Company is a local commercial and industrial new construction builder and renovator, with expertise in construction management, design build, general contracting and bid packages. Since 1943, John G. Johnson Construction Company has been creating inspiring projects built with exceptional service. Our portfolio spans the hospitality, worship, education, municipal, multi-family and healthcare markets.
Job Duties include:
- Plan, direct, manage, oversee and document all daily activities on the project site.
- Implement, manage and maintain a worker orientation program for all new workers on the project.
- Implement, update and communicate the project schedule.
- Coordinate all required field inspections and maintain the inspection log.
- Perform, upload, and maintain all company documentation requirements including, but not limited to, daily job reports, daily photographs, tool box talks, etc.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings, generates and distributes meeting minutes.
- Manage the project budget by monitoring, managing and controlling the general condition costs working in partnership with the project manager.
- Review monthly pay applications for work in place in conjunction with the project manager.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Promote a culture of safety with the implementation and enforcement of the company's safety policies and site-specific safety plans.
- Implement, maintain and enforce the company's quality control plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related curriculum or equivalent field experience required.
- Multiple years of field management experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Reliable transportation to and from the project.
- Willingness to travel.
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which may include heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the jobsite that may include stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Good working knowledge of specifications, plans, submittals, subcontracts, shop drawings and any other project specific documents.
- Able to clearly communicate with all members of the project team.
- Proven track record of organizing all scopes, people, material, tools and equipment to successfully manage the project.
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Represent the company and yourself with a positive professional attitude at all times.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, Bluebeam, P6, Prolog and ProContractor preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accessing web-based documents.
Please submit your resume and references to HR@johngjohnson.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. John G. Johnson Construction Company offers comprehensive benefits including Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 401k and Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
John G. Johnson Construction Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.