John G. Johnson Searches for Construction Project Manager
John G. Johnson Construction Company is a local commercial and industrial new construction builder and renovator, with expertise in construction management, design build, general contracting and bid packages. Since 1943, John G. Johnson Construction Company has been creating inspiring projects built with exceptional service. Our portfolio spans the hospitality, worship, education, municipal, multi-family and healthcare markets.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Cleveland office. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated decision maker with
excellent communication skills, able to work closely with the design team, staff, subcontractors and owners.
Job Duties include:
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors in conjunction with the field superintendent.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are followed.
- Manage day to day client interactions, needs and expectations.
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control program.
- Understand and enforce contract and subcontract agreements including contract negotiations and change orders.
- Implement and manage RFI, submittal and cost control processes.
- Create schedule of values; compile and submit monthly Owner applications for payment including review and approval of subcontractor and supplier invoices.
- Attend staff, production and construction meetings as required including preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- CPM scheduling, including but not limited to, creation and monthly updates.
- Minimum of seven years experience managing ground-up projects ranging from $5-15 million in value in the multi-family, hospitality, worship, municipal, education and health care sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related Engineering discipline.
- Must have the ability to effectively organize own schedule to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to identify and ensure project safety.
- Must be able to multi-task several projects simultaneously while managing budgets and difficult deadlines.
- Ability to meet the owners’ needs while following company procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, P6, Prolog and ProContractor preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to be based in Cleveland, Ohio home office; no telecommuting option is available.
- Travel may be required.
Please submit your resume and references to HR@johngjohnson.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. John G. Johnson Construction Company offers comprehensive benefits including Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
John G. Johnson Construction Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law