Construction Estimator Needed at John G. Johnson
John G. Johnson Construction Company is a local commercial and industrial new construction builder and renovator, with expertise in construction management, design build, general contracting and bid packages. Since 1943, John G. Johnson Construction Company has been creating inspiring projects built with exceptional service. Our portfolio spans the hospitality, worship, education, municipal,
multi-family and healthcare markets.
Job Duties include:
- Conduct quantity take-off and studies for all items incorporated in the project, anticipating details necessary to complete the project.
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction.
- Monitor design development cost trends to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Participate in the value engineering process.
- Develop, update and maintain unit cost figures.
- Prepare General Conditions estimates.
- Interface with subcontractors and suppliers; evaluate proposals relative to the scope of the work.
- Support Business Development in proposal presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture and at least five (5) years of estimating experience.
- Carpentry estimating experience preferred.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with construction estimating and scheduling software preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all members of the project team, including architects, engineers and subcontractors.
Please submit your resume and references to HR@johngjohnson.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. John G. Johnson Construction Company offers comprehensive benefits including
Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 401k and Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
John G. Johnson Construction Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.