Construction Project Administrator Needed at John G. Johnson Construction Co.
John G. Johnson Construction Company is a local commercial and industrial new construction builder and renovator, with expertise in construction management, design build, general contracting and bid packages. Since 1943, John G. Johnson Construction Company has been creating inspiring projects built with exceptional service. Our portfolio spans the hospitality, worship, education, municipal,
multi-family and healthcare markets.
Job Duties include:
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of contract documents including subcontracts, plans and specifications.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors and major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and compliance with the construction schedule.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Implement and manage RFI, submittals and RFCO’s.
- Prepare subcontract change orders for issuance.
- Develop project schedules and phasing plans.
- Attend, conduct and document all preinstallation, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Manage project close out, including securing warranties, obtaining and assembling Operation & Maintenance manuals and as-built drawings.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Work closely with project managers and superintendents on the day-to-day operations of construction sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering and two (2) years of building construction experience is required.
- Knowledge of construction costs, construction methods and materials, installation procedures and a general understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, Bluebeam and P6 required.
- Proficiency in Prolog Manager or Viewpoint ProContractor preferred.
- Basic knowledge of managing and uploading web-based documents.
- Experience with AIA billing.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all members of the project team, including architects, engineers and subcontractors.
Please submit your resume and references to HR@johngjohnson.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. John G. Johnson Construction Company offers comprehensive benefits including
Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 401k and Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
John G. Johnson Construction Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.