Plumbing Project Manager / Estimator Needed
Stark County area Plumbing/Mechanical contractor seeking a full-time plumbing estimator. We are looking for candidates with experience in the commercial construction industry. Individual will be responsible for all phases of the estimating and bidding process including preconstruction, construction, and, post-construction services and performing estimate takeoffs. Ability to produce a complete detailed estimate from incomplete design documents is preferred.
- Bid document review, pre-bid meetings, client interface, quantity takeoff, material, equipment and subcontractor pricing, spreadsheet input and proposal preparation.
- Generate accurate cost analysis for labor and materials.
- Manage multiple bids with stringent deadlines.
- Provide assistance to Field Superintendents with plumbing/piping estimates, design, drawings and documentations.
- Study specifications and drawings to understand a specific scope of work to be bid.
- Must have knowledge regarding safety, worker’s compensation, insurance and bonding, materials as it pertains to bidding requirements.
- Be able to create, record, track, and support Change Order Request.
- Be a team player who can do what it takes to get the job done.
- Have an attitude that takes ownership of your work.
- Strong ambition to succeed.
- Work ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, and accountability.
- Attract new customers through a combination of outside sales, professional marketing, and direct marketing efforts.
- Make site visits as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years plumbing construction experience is required.
- Experience preparing large and complex plumbing estimates of all types (schools/hospitals/hotels/industrial/etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Know the complete estimating process from start to finish.
- Knowledge of plumbing and plumbing codes is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Procore, and Internet
- Must work with minimal supervision. Must effectively manage time and details.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, plans, and programs.
- Must possess strong organizational and computer skills.
- This office is a drug and smoke-free building. Applicant must pass a drug test and background check prior to employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
- Market Competitive Salary based on individual experience.
- This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Benefits Package includes:
- Paid vacations and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Relocation Assistance
Apply Direct, No Recruiters Please
Job Type: Full-time
Please E-mail your resume to Jasonm@crowngroupohio.com