Administrative Assistant Needed in Walbridge Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Preconstruction Services
LOCATION: Walbridge, Ohio
Rudolph Libbe Inc. (RLI) offers a complete range of project delivery methods including general contracting, design/build and construction management. Based in Toledo, Ohio for more than 65 years, RLI is one of the largest privately-owned construction firms in the region and exists to improve our clients’ process and facility needs. RLI is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth, Michigan. For additional information, visit www.RLGBuilds.com.
Rudolph Libbe Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant for its Preconstruction department. The Preconstruction department is comprised of approximately 20 personnel that are responsible for all activities from concept through the start of construction, including management of the design phase. This position will be responsible for assisting the Preconstruction Department as needed (i.e., letter typing and reviewing,
preparing proposal information, filling out bid forms, scope of work document editing, etc.).
- Responsible for obtaining bid documents and routing them to various associates for review as they relate to contracts, financials, safety and insurance/bonding
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and making sure the appropriate items are included with our proposal
- Responsible for printing and distribution of drawings and specifications as required
- Responsible for scheduling bid runners for proposals as needed
- Responsible for assisting in proposal production efforts such as print and assemble binder covers and spines as needed
- Responsible for keeping our Builder’s Exchange (BX) database current with contact information, as well as uploading bid documentation
- Responsible for checking the Dodge website daily for new projects bidding in our region and routing the daily report to various associates
- Responsible for electronic document control (drawings, specifications, sketches, VDC models, rendering, etc.) and download/post documents from/to any source (hard drive, websites, Box, SharePoint, FTP sites, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping the Preconstruction Services Calendar in Outlook updated
- Responsible for keeping our department workroom stocked with the necessary office supplies
- Responsible for completing/submitting the forms to the various unions (i.e., Laborers, Carpenters, Bricklayers, Cement Finishers)
- Responsible for scheduling functions and meetings, internally and externally
- Strong technical skills needed
- Must possess high level of attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of personnel, both internal and external
- Proficient with Acrobat, Bluebeam, InDesign, and Microsoft Office
- Proficient with internet-based file sharing programs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to multitask, have good time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required - associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of career experience in a professional environment required
- Experience in the construction or architectural engineering industries a plus
Interested candidates shall apply on our website www.rlgbuilds.com.
Rudolph Libbe Inc. is an EEO Employer.