Facility Maintenance Technician Needed
GEM Energy provides comprehensive services and technologies to improve customer business performance and reduce facility operation costs. Services include HVAC and plumbing, testing and balancing, facility management, utility procurement, building automation controls and solar development. Based in Toledo, Ohio since 1999, GEM Energy is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group, with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio, and Plymouth, Michigan. For additional information, visit www.RLGBuilds.com.
We are seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician for our North Ridgeville, OH - GEM Facility Management operations. This associate is expected to be competent with multiple maintenance disciplines and can work to solve many facility issues. This associate may require assistance from time to time but they mostly work on their own. This associate must exhibit strong communication skills and can work effectively by themselves and with other teams.
- General ability to understand and safely use hand tools and small power tools.
- General maintenance and repairs including but not limited to:
- Repairing drywall
- Repairing and installing certain types of flooring
- Installing base trim/molding, etc.
- Painting various wall surfaces and trims
- Replacing light bulbs and ballast
- Drain maintenance
- Battery replacement with minimal direction
- Replacement of ceiling tiles
- Building cubicles
- Safety equipment inspections
- Moving and/or assemble furniture
- Exterior building inspections (trash pickup, lighting inspection, etc.)
- Accurately following processes and procedures.
- Overseeing vendor and subcontractor activity as needed. Understanding when contractor quotes are required.
- Assist customer with coordinating 3rd party facility related maintenance and repairs.
- Individual must be able to lift, push, pull or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50 lbs. The individual must also be capable of being on their feet 8 to 10 hours each day.
- Travel to other facilities and vendors as required.
- Self-motivated – primarily able to work alone but occasionally with others
- Ability to work in conjunction with company safety policies
- Have a general understanding of building systems
- Minor understanding of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must have valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of applicable maintenance experience is preferred but not required
GEM Energy is an EEO Employer.