Facility Maintenance Technician 2
DEPARTMENT: Facility Management
REPORTS TO: Field Supervisor, with daily instruction from Property Manager
LOCATION: Walbridge, OH
GEM Service provides comprehensive services and technologies to keep facilities operating at peak efficiency for occupants. Services include HVAC and plumbing, testing/balancing, electrical, ductwork cleaning, facility management, energy procurement and building automation controls. Based in Toledo, Ohio since 1999, GEM Service is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group, serving customers in the Toledo, Cleveland and Lima, Ohio markets as well as southeastern Michigan. For additional information, visit RLGBuilds.com.
The Facility Maintenance Technician 2 (M2) is expected to have basic maintenance and tool knowledge. M2 works under a manager to perform basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs. This associate must exhibit good communication skills, work ethic, and be able to follow direction of a manager. The associate must demonstrate a willingness to learn and ability to be trained.
- Take direction from property manager/customer
- Perform general building/property maintenance and repair tasks
- Perform general building inspections and safety checks
- Supports Property Manager as required
- Accurately follows processes and procedures
- Individual must be able to lift, push, pull or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50 lbs. The individual must also be capable of being on their feet 8 to 10 hours each day.
- Travel to other facilities and vendors as required.
- Basic tool and maintenance knowledge
- Good communication skills, with ability to follow direction
- Computer/phone/software knowledge
- Ability to work in conjunction with company safety policies, equipment with lockout/tag out and proper fall protection
- Has knowledge of required building inspections and safety checks
- Basic understanding of plumbing, electrical and HVAC operations
- Can perform light electrical maintenance and repairs
- Can perform light carpentry maintenance and repairs
- Understand how simple building systems/work orders operate
- Understand Building Management Systems/Building Automation System
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of applicable maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years painting experience with wall surface repair, prep and paint
- Two-year technical degree is equivalent to one year of experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate company vehicles
GEM Facility Management is an EEO Employer.
Interested candidates may apply at www.RLGBuilds.com.