Based in Toledo, Ohio since 1982, GEM Inc. is a singular resource for customer facility and process construction needs. GEM offers design,
renovation, upgrade, consolidation and relocation services for process manufacturing and industrial customers and directly employs its team of skilled construction craftspeople. GEM is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group with offices in Cleveland and Lima, Ohio and Plymouth, Michigan. For additional information, visit RLGBuilds.com.
GEM Inc. is seeking an Assistant Controller at its Walbridge, OH location. The Assistant Controller position is responsible for performance and monitoring of daily accounting activities as they relate to: cash receipts, billing, accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed assets, payroll, and job costing. This role will also act as the primary job cost accountant with inherent job functions.
- Set up jobs in the job cost accounting system and advise project managers on tax application for jobs
- Calculate labor billing rates
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis, reconciliation, and journal entries
- Manage fixed assets and year-end reporting for tax
- Provide guidance for sales and use tax and report monthly for various states
- Manage new state entrance set up, filings, and taxes
- Assist in the year-end audit
- Assist in the annual budget process and collaborate with department managers
- Assist with day-to-day supervision of accounting support staff
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Ability to keep abreast of current accounting pronouncements
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability while implementing process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 6 years’ experience in accounting
- Experience in a construction company is beneficial
GEM Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may apply at www.rlgbuilds.com/careers.