Site Safety Coordinator - Ohio
Donley’s is experiencing growth and is seeking a Site Safety Coordinator to join our team in Cleveland, OH. Under the direction of the assigned Project Manager/Executive and Regional Safety Manager, the Site Safety Coordinator is charged with overall responsibility for administration of corporate and project safety, including working with Regional Safety Manager to implement and manage Company
Safety Program, Contractor Controlled Insurance Program (as applicable) and workers’ compensation program. Responsible for day to day oversight of the safety program, accident investigations, and ensuring compliance with internal and local, state and federal environmental and occupational health and safety regulations on assigned project(s).
Essential Job Functions
Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP)
- Communicate frequently with Regional Safety Manager to report on the status of the occupational health and safety program
- Install bulletin boards and post warning signs for site hazards such as gas lines, traffic access. Post emergency numbers, implement safety procedures to achieve OSHA guidelines are followed, identify security issues and address (such as fences, barricades, lighting, alarms, public access, and watchman) and obtain appropriate signatures from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review and update monthly all site specific safety plans with the project teams. Prior to subcontractor mobilization, review all applicable documentation including Job Hazard Analysis, Pre Mobilization documentation, etc. for completeness to ensure the subcontractor can adequately execute their scope of work safely.
- Follow up with subcontractor representatives to ensure proper disciplinary procedures are followed.
- Assist on the elaboration of STA’s, attend one STA with subcontractor daily.
- Communicate with local authorities on local interests as required. No contact with news reporting entities is permitted.
- Serves as a principal source of information on health and safety issues to hold subcontractor accountable to submitted safety and quality programs.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and conducts continuous inspections of project, work areas and equipment, once a day conduct an additional Site Audit with a co-worker. Selects and implements corrective action and follows-up to ensure proper action has been taken. Identify items for improvement; implement changes by coordinating with appropriate individuals with respective subcontractor or supplier.
- Monitors site conditions, practices, and procedures for compliance with environmental, health, safety and quality requirements.
- Records data and compiles data into reports for statistical analyses. Maintain and update quality and safety logs.
- Monitor and schedule maintenance of Donley’s equipment and tools with material, equipment and tools coordinator and Safety Manager.
- Operate, maintain, certify, inspect, calibrate and oversee installation of Donley’s safety equipment.
- Assist Regional Safety Manager to ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program and or project Contractor Controlled Insurance Program, including working with internal personnel and third party administrators/legal counsel, to effectively investigate and resolve claims in an expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
- Ensure accident scene is preserved for investigation.
- Ensure accident is properly documented.
- Coordinate emergency procedures and first aid crews
- Train corporate and site-based personnel on safety programs, policies and procedures, and workplace injury avoidance; provide appropriate documentation of training conducted/coordinated to human resources in a timely manner.
- Work with subcontractors, vendors and third-party personnel to ensure adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Act as site and/or corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including but not limited to OSHA, when Regional Safety Manager is not available.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Daily review with site superintendent the Safety and Quality Issues identified.
- Orders safety material and supplies.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks given by the Project Manager/ Executive and or Regional Safety Manager.
- Attend and participate in daily KPI, weekly subcontractor and Monthly Project/Safety Managers meeting(s) and all Pre-start/Pre-install(s) with subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, construction safety management, construction management with an emphasis on safety and/or risk management or related degree; at least 1 year of experience (including co-operative education and/or internships) in safety and/or risk management or in place of a Bachelor’s degree at least 4 years safety and health experience; at least 1 year of experience in the construction industry (including co-operative education and/or internships).
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- OSHA 510-hour certification
- First Aid/ CPR/ AED Certified
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- FSA or HSA
- 401K with Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Qualified candidates can view full job posting and apply here: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/648462?source=BX