Construction Coordinator (Engineering Services)
The Construction Coordinator serves as Project Engineer or Construction Superintendent to effectively coordinate construction activities managed by NCH as CM. Maintains direct daily contact with contractor/s representatives, foreman and hospital staff affected by construction. Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Fri (1st shift)
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Where Passion Meets Purpose. Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission. We’re 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we’ll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere. Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere. Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
• Assists Construction Manager in developing and implementing construction procedures, construction documents, standards, etc.
• Assists with the creation of job schedules and ongoing compliance during the construction phase of projects. Reviews manpower requirements and productivity relative to meeting current job progress schedules, follow-up for timely delivery of materials to meet established schedules. Produces daily logs of projects.
• Assures compliance with hospital policies related to or impacted by construction activities. Including but not limited to: Pre-Construction Risk Assessment (PCRA), Infection Risk Control Assessment (ICRA), and Interim Life Safety Measures (ISLM), Impairment Plans, and Guest Worker credentialing.
• Coordinates project related work with hospital staff, negotiates the impact of construction and promotes safety in occupied areas. Coordinates project work with hospital operations to effectively maintain job progress.
• Researches and coordinates Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing system outages/tie-ins. Assists with coordination of utility outages and/or shutdowns to ensure that there are no disruptions to critical care functions are disturbed, which could result in a life-threatening situation. May sometimes include scheduling and managing work during times that do not disturb clinical operations - off hours, weekend work etc.
• Performs jobsite inspections to assure code compliance and quality control using project specifications, drawings, and applicable codes. Creates lists to correct work.
• Manages and ensures successful sign off on City/State inspections for all phases of construction.
Education: High School Graduate plus 2-year degree in related construction field and/or a minimum 8 years of building construction experience required.
Licensure: Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of auto insurance as required by hospital policy. Must pass motor vehicle background inspection, insurance eligibility, driving qualifications, and training set forth by Nationwide Children’s Hospital and maintain qualification of insurance guidelines.
Skills: Must have excellent customer services skills and client-relationship development skills, able to lead and work as part of a team, and have excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills.
Experience: Detailed knowledge of contract documents, drawings, and specifications, change procedures, construction and engineering principles.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet
Copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply.