Preconstruction Leader Needed in N. Ridgeville, OH Office
LOCATION: Rudolph Libbe Group - Cleveland Operations in North Ridgeville, OH
The Rudolph Libbe Group is a one-stop provider of construction and consulting services that range from site selection and financing to ongoing facility management. RLG, comprised of Rudolph Libbe Inc., GEM Inc., GEM Energy, Lehman Daman and Rudolph Libbe Properties, operates as one team. RLG is headquartered in Toledo with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth,
Michigan. Markets served include automotive, chemical, food processing, healthcare, industrial/manufacturing, institutional, metals,
power/petrochemical, refining, educational, commercial/retail, hospitality/recreation, and warehouse/distribution. When our team of multi-disciplined experts get involved early, you’re set up for long-term success. We bring our skilled trades, safety-first culture and collaborative process to every project and service. When you are ready to find property, build, renovate or maintain your facility, make the Rudolph Libbe Group your first call. For additional information, visit RLGbuilds.com.
The Preconstruction Leader is responsible for overseeing the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the preconstruction phase of Rudolph Libbe Group projects.
- Lead or participate in the preconstruction strategy meeting on the approach to the project or estimate.
- Prepare detailed estimates including general conditions (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction).
- Perform and coordinate constructability and value engineering reviews for projects.
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise the work of subordinate preconstruction members and support staff.
- Lead in the solicitation process to insure proper bid coverage. Prepare bid packages, obtain bids from subcontractors and
- material vendors, and analyze bids from subcontractors and material vendors.
- Coordinate and assure that a preliminary construction schedule has been developed for each estimate.
- Organize and lead the transfer meeting between the project Operations team and the preconstruction team and coordinate the follow-up meetings.
- Visit on-going projects to verify status of estimate versus project status, meet with the project operations team, view work in place for experience and comparison to the estimate.
- Keep current on Industry methods, materials, and procedures.
- Assure potential risk factors for each project have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management.
- Participate in presentations to secure new work.
- Maintain knowledge of all key Owner and Contractor contract terms and conditions.
- Coordinate the assembly of the preconstruction material for presentations and proposals.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, and work with concept/schematic designs or written criteria.
- Demonstrated success in managing the preconstruction process for major, complex projects.
- Has demonstrated the ability to interact with Owners, Design Professionals, company associates, and other parties with positive results.
- Effectively communicates with both written and verbal skill.
- Has a working knowledge of material unit costs, systems square foot costs, and total building square foot costs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software (Word & Excel), Estimating software, On-Screen Take-Off software, and an understanding of BIM modeling software.
- 5+ years of construction estimating experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related curriculum.
- Experience with multiple delivery methods including Design Build, CM, GMP, etc.
Interested parties should apply on our website at www.rlgbuilds.com/careers.
The Rudolph Libbe Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.