Director of Continuous Improvement
DEPARTMENT: Continuous Improvement
REPORTS TO: CEO of the Rudolph Libbe Group
LOCATION: Walbridge, Ohio
The Rudolph Libbe Group offers a complete range of project delivery methods including general contracting, design/build, construction management, and specialty trade work. Based in the Toledo, Ohio area for more than 65 years, the
Rudolph Libbe Group is one of the largest privately owned construction and specialty trade organizations in the region and exists to improve the performance of our clients’ process and facility investments. The Rudolph Libbe Group operates offices in Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth, Michigan areas. For additional information, visit RLGBuilds.com.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Continuous Improvement will leverage their knowledge, experience, and relationship-building skills to foster a culture of continuous improvement within the Rudolph Libbe Group organization; from improving our operational
effectiveness to enhancing the client experience. At the Rudolph Libbe Group, continuous improvement is about the mentality and cultural commitment that creates a new type of capacity within the organization; a capacity to make relationships and projects safer, more efficient, more productive, more profitable, and more enjoyable.
The Rudolph Libbe Group’s deep-rooted values promote empowerment, investment in and regard for each team member. A core component of our culture is leveraging knowledge that resides both within our organization as well as outside the organization in order to continually improve how we operate with the ultimate goal of providing the greatest value to our clients. As part of a high-performing team, the Continuous Improvement Director will be expected to develop strong relationships within the organization in order to
further the continuous improvement mindset.
- Work directly with the CEO and senior management to develop a continuous improvement vision and strategy for the Rudolph Libbe Group
- Lead the implementation of the Rudolph Libbe Group continuous improvement efforts
- Support communication of the continuous improvement mindset with associates across the Rudolph Libbe Group organization
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and prioritize continuous improvement projects
- Take a lead role in understanding the internal customers’ true process improvement needs and developing a winning strategy that will ensure we achieve the desired results
- Assemble and lead teams to develop tactics that will lead to accomplishing the project’s goals and determine, implement, and evaluate the business metrics that benefit and support these goals
- Identify, monitor, and evaluate industry trends and customer needs, meeting regularly with senior management and stakeholders to discuss how to improve our continuous improvement culture and practices
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through working with others on improvement projects, education, networking, events, and presentations
- Serve as lead instructor of continuous improvement training
- Exceptional listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possesses a genuine regard and empathy for others concerning what they do
- Understands “owning the whole before owning your piece”
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Proven ability to advance a continuous improvement culture via winning advocates for continuous improvement
- Ability to collaborate with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization and leverage influencer and decision-maker relationships for better outcomes
- Demonstrates strong social confidence when running up against nay-sayers and is effective at finding ways to win them over to become advocates
- Demonstrates creativity and effectiveness when analyzing solutions and benefits for organization’s needs
- Ability to pivot with unexpected changes in requirements and deadlines while accommodating customer needs and maintaining processes and procedures
- Comfortable in the role of a doer as well as leading others
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with continuous improvement tools, including Lean and Six Sigma
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management and related tools (e.g., Gantt Charts, Pareto Analysis), establishing timelines, and reporting progress to plan
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) or Certified Master Black Belt (CMBB)
- 8+ years of continuous improvement experience with the aptitude and attitude to learn the construction services business
- Demonstrated experience in successfully advancing continuous improvement initiatives
Interested candidates may apply online at www.RLGBuilds.com.
The Rudolph Libbe Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.