DEPARTMENT: Field Operations
LOCATION: Rudolph Libbe Inc. - Walbridge, OH
The Rudolph Libbe Group is a one-stop provider of construction and consulting services that range from site selection and financing to ongoing facility management. RLG, comprised of Rudolph Libbe Inc., GEM Inc., GEM Energy, Lehman Daman and Rudolph Libbe Properties, operates as one team. RLG is headquartered in Toledo with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth, Michigan. Markets served include automotive, chemical, food processing, healthcare, industrial/manufacturing, institutional, metals, power/petrochemical, refining, educational, commercial/retail, hospitality/recreation and warehouse/distribution. When our team of multidisciplined experts get involved early, you’re set up for long-term success. We bring our skilled trades, safety-first culture and collaborative process to every project and service. When you are ready to find property, build, renovate or maintain your facility, make the Rudolph Libbe Group your first call. For additional information, visit RLGbuilds.com.
The Survey Specialist stakes out a variety of surveying assignments to facilitate the completion of buildings, building sites, roads, property/boundary limits and site control. This is project level work that requires the knowledge of surveying principles, processes, equipment and software. Field surveys will be conducted to determine property boundary lines from plan documents, verify existing site conditions, gather topographic information for estimates, as-built installed materials and set/verify vertical control. The Survey Specialist will also create 3-D terrain models for GPS guided equipment and assist in maintenance and installation of this equipment. Requirements of this position also include the ability to oversee project personnel on surveying assignments. The Survey Specialist shall participate in and complete all tasks assigned by the Survey Manager, the Director of Field Operations and the Vice President of Field Operations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering plans, specs, technical procedures andjurisdictional surveying standards
- Ability to produce engineering sketches and drawings
- Ability to prioritize duties and schedule daily activities
- Daily accounting and maintenance of surveying equipment
- Strong commitment to jobsite safety including knowledge of company safety standards
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and sub-contractors
- Ability to carry 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks such as stake driving/point setting
- Physical endurance to stand or walk for extended periods and navigate through rough terrain
- Willing to work in extreme weather and environmental conditions at the work site
- Periodic local or regional travel may be required
- May be required to work shifts, weekends and temporary out of town assignments
- May need to pass a physical exam and be able to wear respiratory protection
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CAD based survey computer programs and applicable survey computations
- Knowledge of drafting nomenclature and symbols, surveying instruments and GPS equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain favorable public/customer relations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Demonstrated customer relationship, estimating, and project management skills
- Knowledge of safety best practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to teamwork and project management
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient using Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar, or completion of an apprenticeship in a construction related trade
- At least 5+ years’ field survey experience
- Valid drivers’ license required
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.RLGBUILDS.COM/CAREERS.
Rudolph Libbe Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.