Facility Maintenance Technician Needed in North Ridgeville
POSITION: Facility Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Facility Management
LOCATION: GEM / North Ridgeville, OH
The Facility Maintenance Technician is expected to be competent with multiple maintenance disciplines and can work to solve many facility issues. This associate may require assistance from time to time but for the most part they work on their own. This associate must exhibit strong communication skills and can work effectively with other teams.
- Repairing drywall, repairing and installing certain types of flooring, installing base trim/molding, etc
- Painting various wall surfaces and trims
- Performing general utility maintenance such as replacing light bulbs and ballast, drain maintenance, and battery replacement with minimal direction
- Accurately recording processes and procedures
- Operating powered industrial equipment such as scissor lifts, forklift, and boom lifts. Company provides certification and training.
- Overseeing vendor and subcontractor activity as needed. Understanding when contractor quotes are required.
- Assist customer with all facility related maintenance and repairs this may include but not be limited to performing repair, coordinating 3rd party contractor, etc.
- Understanding contractor management and providing safety and policy oversight to contractors
- Performing building support activities such as building cubicles, various safety equipment inspections, and moving furniture
- Individual must be able to lift, push, pull or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50 lbs. The individual must also be capable of being on their feet 8 to 10 hours each day
- Travel to other facilities and vendors as required
- Ability to work in conjunction with company safety policies, equipment with lockout/tag out and proper fall protection
- Have a general understanding of security and alarm systems
- Must be proficient using a paint brush, roller
- Intermediate carpentry skills including, but not limited to: repairing and installing cove base trim/molding, hanging and repairing drywall, repairing and installing flooring
- Minor understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 years of applicable maintenance experience
Minimum 2 years painting experience with wall surface repair, prep and paint
Two-year technical degree is equivalent to one year of experience
GEM Energy is an EEO Employer.
Interested candidates may apply at www.RLGBuilds.com.