Warehouse Bench Repair Associate
REPORTS TO: Tool Room Supervisor
LOCATION: GEM Inc. - Walbridge, OH
Toledo, Ohio since 1982, GEM Inc. is a singular contracting resource providing mechanical, electrical, structural steel and boiler work for process manufacturing and industrial customers. GEM is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth, Michigan. For additional information, visit RLGBuilds.com.
GEM Inc. is seeking a Tool Room Bench Repair Associate in its Walbridge, OH warehouse. As a member of our team your responsibilities will include testing and repairing electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic tools coming in from jobsites and other tool room duties as assigned.
- Applybasic electrical knowledge to small tool usage and/or repair
- Make sure all tools are safety compliant before being sent to a jobsite
- Keep ample supply of tools on shelf for tool orders.
- Pull tool orders and complete necessary paperwork to track tool and consumables charges.
- Keep abreast of new tools and materials
- Must be mechanically inclined and have basic knowledge of construction tools/products
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- General computer skills are required
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Overtime may be required
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body, able to reach overhead, able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push material and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 70 pounds of weight throughout assigned workday if required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous tool room and small power tool repair experience a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
GEM Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates may apply at www.rlgbuilds.com/careers.