The Accounting Assistant is an entry level position responsible for providingadministrative support for the Controller. Daily tasks including entering data into our accounting software and creating reports as needed. The Accounting Assistant also handles accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, as well as assisting with processing payroll.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Process accounts payable invoices, including tracking material receipts.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries and reconciles vendor statements.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports and files.
- Processes credit card statements, payments and credits.
- Files all A/P related items as required.
- Applies customer payments to outstanding invoices.
- Prepares deposits as needed.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Weekly collection calls.
- Assists with billings as needed.
- Accounting and Administration Support
- Assist with reconciling weekly payroll hours.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Assists in researching problems with job costs.
- Assist in tracking manpower needs.
- Support the new software setup and testing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Results Driven
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills Thoroughness
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Ability to pass drug screening
Ability to pass formal background check as well as BCI (Ohio) and FBI
Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in accounting preferred
- Two to three years’ previous experience.
- MS Office experience background
At CCG, we offer Competitive Benefits - Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; Prescription coverage; Life insurance; Short-
and long-term disability coverage; 401(k) plan with choice of investment options; biweekly direct deposit; and Professional Development - training opportunities.
CCG Automation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in the position please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.