Rudolph Libbe Inc. Looks for Business Development Manager
POSITION: Business Development Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Development
REPORTS TO: VP of Preconstruction Operations
LOCATION: RLI Walbridge Ohio
Rudolph Libbe Inc. (RLI) offers a complete range of project delivery methods including general contracting, design/build and construction management. Based in Toledo, Ohio for more than 65 years, RLI is one of the largest privately owned construction firms in the region and exists to improve our clients’ process and facility needs. RLI is part of the Rudolph Libbe Group with offices in Cleveland, Columbus and Lima, Ohio; and Plymouth, Michigan. For additional information, visit RLGBuilds.com.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Preconstruction Operations, the Business Development Manager will leverage their relationship-building and sales skills to grow the company’s account base, identifying and developing new business opportunities within RLI’s existing customer base as well as potential customers.
RLI’s deep-rooted values promote empowerment, investment in and regard for each team member. A core component of our culture is leveraging existing customer relationships to identify new business opportunities. As part of a high-performing team, the Business Development Manager will be expected to develop strong relationships with current and new potential customers and key influencers
(architectural/engineering firms, economic development consultants, etc.). The incumbent will leverage these relationships to generate and close new business outside of a typical bidding/RFP process: following through on warm leads, assessing opportunities, presenting solutions, selling RLI’s value proposition and acquiring new business.
- Manage the existing sales pipeline and develop new business opportunities to generate leads, identify key decision-makers and pursue opportunities in line with organization strategies
- Take a lead role in understanding the customer’s true needs and developing a winning strategy that will result in RLI being awarded the project
- Identify, monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer needs, meeting regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals
- Manage the proposal process including detailed RFP or RFQ requirements, content creation, and input from various sources
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events and presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects/clients
- Energetic team player who can also work independently
- Proven ability to grow business and manage customer relationships
- Ability to collaborate with business development representatives, project executives, preconstruction managers, consultants and economic development partners and leverage influencer and decision-maker relationships
- Demonstrate strong social confidence when networking for new business with persuasive selling skills to actively develop local market affiliations and partnerships for positioning and promoting the company’s value proposition
- Demonstrate effectiveness and creativity in linking services features and benefits to prospect or client needs
- Ability to pivot with unexpected changes in customer requirements and deadlines while accommodating customer needs and maintaining processes and procedures
- Strong computer skills with experience using CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of professional services sales and/or business development experience with technical aptitude to learn construction services business
- Experience in consultative selling, proposal development, selling a value proposition and closing business
- Prior experience networking at social, community and industry trade events
To apply, please visit https://rlgbuilds.com/careers/available-positions/.
Rudolph Libbe Inc. is an EEO Employer.