Safety Administrator Needed
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices and safety excellence.
- Review, evaluate and implement health and safety policies, programs and procedures as assigned.
- Increase health and safety awareness.
- Investigate all serious/critical personal injury and near miss incidents. Assist with root cause analysis and identification of solutions for incident casual factors. Track to completion. Report on findings and follow-up.
- Respond to employee’s safety concerns, assist with solutions, and track to completion.
- Maintain all records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Prepare reports as requested.
- Conduct worksite safety inspections to recognize safe work practices, to identify hazards, and to work collaboratively with employees and management for identification and implementation of controls.
- Attend all meetings pertaining to the safety of personnel.
- Assist in the development of the site safety plans and manage the upkeep of those documents.
- Assure review of site safety plans at project kick off meetings.
- Review pre-task plans.
- Coordinate on-site customer specific safety training.
- Conduct safety audits and submit reports to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and deliver new employee orientation and safety training.
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety
- Analyze work processes and perform risk assessments. Implement controls to mitigate those risks.
- Develop job hazard analysis.
- General knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of safety and occupational health methods, practices, principles and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with contractors and construction safety.
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to creatively deliver and document training in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities to manage multiple projects/work initiatives at one time.
- Strong writing skills, including process documentation and report preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member within and across organizational lines to achieve Company goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative within established guidelines.
- BCSP certification (CHST, OHST, ASP, GSP) preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a Safety or equivalent education is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in in administration, implementation and development of environmental, safety and health programs.
- Minimum of one year of developing and delivering training experience
- 1-2 years of contractor/construction experience is required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong operational leadership and customer/contractor management skills.
Please send resume to Kelly Kubik at email@example.com