Lead Facility Manager Needed
DEPARTMENT: Facility Management
REPORTS TO: Facility Management Operations Manager
LOCATION: Walbridge, OH
The Lead Facility Manager is expected to be competent with multiple maintenance disciplines and can work to solve many facility issues. This associate must exhibit strong communication skills and can work effectively with teams. The associate will be required to manage a large facility and maintenance staff.
- Management of facility budgets, contracts and renewals, life safety equipment and inspections
- Manage, actively assist, and coach onsite maintenance staff
- Assist customer with all facility related maintenance and repairs this may include but not be limited to performing repair, coordinating 3rd party contractor, etc.
- Performing building support activities such as building cubicles, various safety/emergency equipment inspections, and moving furniture
- Performing general utility maintenance such as replacing light bulbs and ballast, drain maintenance, and battery replacement with minimal direction
- Oversight of mechanicals of entire building to ensure proper operation.
- Operation of Building Management System (BMS)
- Overseeing vendor and subcontractor activity as needed. Understanding when contractor quotes are required
- Operating powered industrial equipment such as scissor lifts, forklift, and boom lifts. Company provides certification and training
- Repairing and painting drywall, repairing and installing certain types of flooring, installing base trim/molding, etc.
- Accurately recording processes, procedures and keeping records
- Understanding contractor management and providing safety and policy oversight to contractors
- Individual must be able to lift, push, pull or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50 lbs. The individual must also be capable of being on their feet 8 to 10 hours each day
- Travel to other facilities and vendors as required
- Ability to effectively manage staff to monitor and repair facility
- Ability to understand and properly operate a BMS to effectively operate HVAC system
- Ability to prepare capital budgets
- Ability to work in conjunction with company safety policies, equipment with lockout/tag out and proper fall protection
- Have a general understanding of security and alarm systems
- Must be proficient with painting of interior walls/surfaces
- Intermediate carpentry skills including, but not limited to: repairing and installing cove base trim/molding, hanging and repairing drywall, repairing and installing flooring
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other computer skills necessary to complete documentation of work
- Ability to complete basic plumbing repairs to faucets, toilets, urinals, and fixtures
- Basic understanding of electrical components >120VAC
- Ability to interact with customers and maintain customer relations
- Ability to self-manage time and workload
- Use of basic hand tools
- General HVAC knowledge
- Ability to be On Call for assigned accounts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of applicable maintenance experience
- Two-year technical degree is equivalent to one year of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of facility and staff management
- Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and build relationships while effectively maintaining boundaries
GEM Energy is an EEO Employer.
Interested candidates may apply at www.RLGBuilds.com/careers.