Do You Qualify for Reimbursement for the BWC Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP)?
Last week the BWC expanded the eligibility requirements and list of what qualifies for reimbursement for their Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP), which reimburses employers for qualifying purchases that support their drug-free workplace program. The changes include:
- 19 additional counties are now eligible to enroll (see map) and the plan is, over time, to expand eligibility to ALL counties.
- Qualifying employers can now get reimbursed for the majority of the drug testing they’re already doing -- up to $1,500. per year.
These updates expand what the program already reimburses:
- Development, legal review and update of DFWP policy and procedures (and BTW … employers need to update their polices re. marijuana/CBD if they haven’t already, and this is reimbursable)
- Employee education and supervisor training (including what they have to do for DFSP)
5 things that are most noteworthy to me about SUR:
- The enrollment process is BRIEF and a BREEZE.
- There is NO ANNUAL REPORTING. The ONLY paperwork a company has to complete after enrolling is the form to get reimbursed.
- There are NO hoops to jump through.
- The reimbursements are GENEROUS.
- Employers in the program can get reimbursed RETROACTIVELY for expenses incurred since July 1, 2019.
To read more, click on this link.
For more information, please contact Working Partners® at 614-337-8200.